Our team works on developing components of the highly available storage infrastructure for the Oracle database – Automatic Storage Management (ASM). We also develop solutions for unstructured data, such as the ASM Cluster File System (ACFS). Our charter includes not only to be on the bleeding edge of new storage technologies, but also to develop products and features that can process the vast amounts of data managed by our data platform. We provide customers a platform to store their data and give them tools to meet their business objectives by using this data in a meaningful way.
To that end, we are working on several interesting problems related to information extraction from unstructured data – data classification, co-referencing, masking, and redaction, to name a few. As a member of this growing team, you will research and implement machine learning algorithms to process large amounts of unstructured data (audio, video, and images) in general and in the area of Natural Language Processing (NLP) in particular. You will encounter many challenges, including:
· Scale (build models for terabytes of data),
· Accuracy (extreme requirements for precision and recall),
· Speed (generate predictions for millions of documents with low latency),
· Diversity (models need to work across different types of data and data sources)
· Own the development of machine learning algorithms
· Improve the accuracy of existing algorithms
· Broaden existing algorithms to work well with various Oracle products
· Automate feature selection and extraction by incorporating feedback and/or using Deep Learning
· Improve the run-time of existing algorithms
· Develop and maintain necessary infrastructure to run and maintain the algorithms
· Expertise in machine learning algorithms
· Expertise in Natural Language Processing (NLP)
· Expertise in Deep Learning
· Proficiency with Octave or Matlab
· Proficiency with parallel computing
· Proficiency with code development in Python, C++, Java, Perl, and C
· Proficiency with technologies such as Factorie and Tensorflow is a plus
· Strong skills in problem solving, programming, and computer science fundamentals
· 5+ years of experience with machine learning algorithms
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.