Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online.
By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA.
The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
Amazon Worldwide Operations is the underlying fulfillment and customer service engine that ensures Amazon creates the same consistent, world-class customer experience every time.
We are looking for high-potential, flexible, innovative, and forward-thinking professionals to join our India Operations team.
Are you ready to drive high-visibility, strategic, revenue-generating projects as well as leverage Lean methodologies to lead Operational process improvement initiatives?
Are you equally comfortable digging into business requirements as you are drilling into architecture and design with development teams?
We are hiring Program Manager with a strong delivery record and proven project management experience to own strategic, tactical, cross-functional projects and programs for our Food Operations.
This role requires evaluating & improving existing network design, carrying out planning and cost reduction initiatives, developing & enhancing labor planning models, stream lining the speed of execution, and communicating to senior management on status, risks and process / product changes.
Key expectations of the role :
1. Drive planning and pricing in a highly metric driven environment. Lead process improvement projects to drive enhancements in key metrics, viz.
Quality, Cost and Delivery, Speed and Nailing the Plan.
2. Deliver on target cost through meeting utilization targets by close coordination with program teams on driving right automation and products, constant monitoring of models, benchmarking with external entities.
3. Create dashboards to monitor delivery performance and relevant bridges with mechanisms to review cost, S&OP accuracy, labor planning, capacity plans to improve end to end Ops performance.
4. Set objectives, analyze data and drive improvements by creating bridges that are quantified with metrics.
5. Work in an ambiguous environment, seeking to understand business problems, automation limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions and reasons behind leadership decisions.
6. Must be flexible to work weekends and / or visit field regularly to launch, set up & monitor delivery operations.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Transportation Logistics, or related field
5+ years of experience in program management, logistics, operations, supply chain, transportation or equivalent professional or military experience
Demonstrated experience leading and owning cross-functional programs
Experience with data mining and data analysis
MBA and work experience in dedicated project management highly desired
Candidate with good exposure to hyperlocal delivery and food tech operations is preferred
Prior experience in direct to customer fulfillment / e-commerce is a plus
Practical application of program management methodology including PMP / Lean Six Sigma / Kaizen
Problem-solving, mathematical, and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment