About Liquid Diamonds
Liquid Diamonds is building a Nasdaq for diamonds! Our platform is powered by a radically different, patent-protected e-market technology to create the first truly liquid global exchange for diamonds.
We are based in NYC and are backed by Techstars. We are combining our deep connections within the diamond industry with founders from UVA and IIT Kanpur.
Come join us and help change the global diamond industry!
Are you a talented full stack developer with an obsession to change the world with technology? Are you looking to join a startup and do work that is globally meaningful and impactful?
Liquid Diamonds is a fast-growing startup that is looking for a full-stack developer for our Mumbai office. We are looking for someone who is fun and inspiring to work with and is passionate about our mission.
You will work closely with the co-founders and the development team to create products that are truly useful for our customers.
There will be plenty of opportunities for you to further develop your own skills.
An Ideal candidate should :
1. Consider yourself a talented RoR developer with an ability to build a product end-to-end
2. Wanting to learn data science and machine learning (some experience is preferred)
3. Excited about learning new things from challenges thrown at them
4. Are proactive, self-driven, and able to thrive in a fast-moving startup environment
5. Take ownership; when a task or an area of responsibility resides with you, we trust it will be driven to completion, on time and to high quality
6. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with a smile : )
7. Making mistakes quickly, learning from them and changing approach
8. While using technology to solve a problem, putting yourself in the shoes of the customer / end user
9. Think strategically, but with a bias towards getting stuff done without overthinking it
10. Communicate fluently and effectively, internally and with external partners
1. 3 years of experience with Ruby on Rails
2. Hands-on experience with basic libraries such as RSpec, Beanstalkd, Faye and background processing
3. Experience with Python and basic libraries for Machine Learning such as scikit-learn and pandas - preferred but not required
4. Have a background in functional composition of web pages using HTML / CSS, and turning a wireframe design into a well-formatted, user-friendly responsive web page
5. Follow best practices like test-driven development, continuous integration, Agile methodology, refactoring and code standards.
6. Proficient understanding of code versioning tools e.g. Git, Mercurial or SVN
7. Good knowledge of schema less databases such as Elastic search, redis as well as Relational Databases such as PostgreSQL
8. Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
9. Excellent problem-solving skills and bringing in new, innovative ideas to the table to make the platform more productive
10. Hands-on experience on deployment and maintenance of server (knowledge about AWS, DigitalOcean and their various services will be a plus)