Position Title :
Manager Engineering, R&D
General Summary :
We are looking for an individual who is having 12 to 15 years experience in tecom domain preferably in 4G / 5G enodeB / gNB testing for QA Technical lead / manager role.
Candidate should capable of leading 4G and 5G RAN features validation, leading technical staff, highly self-motivated, exhibits leadership, and has relentless desire for achieving results.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Identifying test strategy and test plan development for 4G and 5G nodeB / gNB product for end to end validation.
2. Provide leadership in definition of testing strategies for release features validation.
3. Preparation test plans as per requiremetns, customer requirements and 3GPP specs.
4. Preparing lab test setups and equipment need planning for end to end feature validation.
5. Execution of test plan in the lab environment and mimic field scenarios in the lab.
6. Leading technical staff of 8 to10 members team.
7. Track and prepare status report of testing activities like test testing results, test case coverage, required resources, defects discovered and their status, performance baselines etc.
8. Ensure that any risks associated with the agreed test strategy and the system test plan are clearly documented and described to the Project teams / Business users and the Testing teams.
Related Education & Experience :
Bachelor’s or Master's in related curriculum such as BE / Btech in CS / EC / Telecom with 12-15 Years of Related Experience
Include demonstrated competencies and physical, mental, & interpersonal skills.
Experience in LTE 4G, 5G enodeB / gNB testing.
Strong knowledge in 5G and 4G air interface, call processing technologies and network architecture specifically focused on Radio Access Network
Must have : Hands-on experience in LTE Access stratum protocols (MAC, RRC, RLC, and PDCP)
Experience with LTE core system interfaces and protocols such as S1-MME, S1-U, S6a, S11, S5 / S8, Rx, NAS, S1-AP, RRC, GTPv2c, GTP-U, SGs-AP is desired
Working experience in LTE Mobility, SON, OAM, performance, soak and KPIs validation.
Understanding of 3GPP systems : Core and RAN networks
Excellent Understanding of 3GPP standards
Expertise in creating test plans for system level, subsystem level and feature level testing
Experience in LTE UE simulators (Aeroflex,etc) , core network simulators usage.
Understanding of Software development and testing Life cycle
Good Knowledge in TCP / UDP, IP protocols and understanding of basic OSI model
Good understanding of Wireless Operators end-end Network
Good knowledge on QA & Test methodology and solution manager.
Strong team player and out of the box thinker
Trains team members on technology and project related aspects.
Good appreciation of software testing engineering principles.
Awareness to Agile process.
Well versed with debugging tools - QXDM, QCAT, Wireshark, etc.
Good log analysis skills to point out problem scenarios.
Testing in Unix / Linux environment
Automation experience preferred.