Rotary international Overview
Rotary unites people from all continents and cultures who take action to deliver real, long-term solutions to pressing issues facing our communities.
Each year, Rotary members invest more than $200 million and 16 million volunteer hours to improve lives and create positive change in the world.
In exchange for hard work and dedication in support of Rotary’s clubs and humanitarian initiatives, our employees receive competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment.
To learn more, visit http : / / www.rotary.org.
Rotary International Infotech Pvt. Ltd. Overview
Rotary International Infotech Pvt. Ltd, Pune (RI Infotech) is the offshore technology development center (ODC) of Rotary International and is responsible for supporting the IT & ITES needs of Rotary International headquarters, located in Chicago, IL, USA.
We follow Agile methodology for developing solutions and invest time in automation. We are dedicated to innovation and quality in providing cost effective solutions to our customer in these service areas.
RI Infotech embodies the beliefs, thoughts and practices of Rotary International. Our core values of trust, empowerment and teamwork is a reflection of the same.
At RI Infotech, we believe in :
Rotary’s Commitment to Diversity
As a global network that strives to build a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change, Rotary values diversity and celebrates the contributions of people of all backgrounds, regardless of their age, ethnicity, race, color, abilities, religion, socioeconomic status, culture, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
This position supports the Information Technology Delivery team, responsible for testing the applications at Rotary International.
You will have the opportunity to work on testing diversified applications developed for Rotary International in niche technologies.
Your contribution will serve assisting Rotary members through its Software for expanding our reach and enhancing participant engagement.
You Will Have
You Are Good At
You Are Open To
You Will Be Responsible For
Technical and Professional Expertise
1. Make sure that proper Test Repository (Manual / Automated / Non-Functional etc.) structure is maintained for various applications
2. Guide the team in functional and technical areas on various work products
3. Adhere to all Testing Standards / Practice / Processes. Make sure that these are getting followed by the team members
4. Be able to create a POC (Proof of Concept) for any technical requirement
5. Support critical production / pre-production issues
6. Proactively monitor and identify application performance issues, account it in technical debt and follow up till successful closure
7. Ensure that all testing related artifacts are peer-reviewed and that all valid review comments are incorporated
Attention to Details
1. Interpret internal or external issues and recommends solutions / best practices
2. Provide an approach to mitigate technical risks during Test Design through Test Execution
3. Work independently and receive minimal guidance
Application / Domain Knowledge
1. Acquire in-depth functional and domain knowledge of the application(s) assigned to him / her
2. Act as a coach for all new joiners within QA and DEV teams by conducting Induction training specific to those application(s)
3. Be a face-off of the QA team as an SME (Subject-Matter-Expert) for all application(s) owned by him / her in all discussions with Evanston teams (especially the BAs)
1. Participate in technical meetings and provide suggestions / solutions / approaches on any topics being discussed
2. Check if all applications are working as expected in case of any maintenance of Data Center activities happening during weekend / weekdays
3. Guide in installing software and setup workstations in their own area
4. Prepare and maintain induction / on-boarding plan for newly recruited team members
5. Connect with other peers from different organizations to understand and implement industry standard practices and processes
Teamwork and Leadership
1. Own Functional / Non-Functional testing across the teams to achieve team goal
2. Assure that testing processes are being followed in efficient manner within the teams
3. Be an expert in using testing tools such as Jira, Test Management Tool, Automation / Performance and other Non-Functional tools.
4. Be responsible and accountable for getting team members groomed in all areas within a team
5. Drive meetings, presentations and demos in effective manner to bring them up to a conclusion
6. Assist in recruiting / on-boarding of new hires
7. Lead and Monitor Development Support activity for bug fixing and subsequent testing
1. Encourage team members for their exemplary performance, nominate them for various awards and certificates available within organization
2. Keep governance on team's leave plan, trainings and any other ad hoc activities
3. Give feedback to team members as and when required
4. As required, involve in creating constructive performance improvement plan for team members
5. Meeting with a team on regular basis and work on communication as well as team building activities and areas identified for improvements.
Why work for Rotary?