Basic Qualifications / Requirements :
1) 9+ years of experience delivering enterprise-level software, testing and supporting software applications.
2) Proficiency in Java and a scripting language is essential.
3) Experience in working with customers, product management, and senior management to deliver value to the market.
4) Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems, asynchronous architectures, and object-oriented programming.
5) Demonstrated experience with best SDLC practices : coding standards, reviews, code management, build processes, and testing.
6) Experience with relational databases, schema design, SQL, query optimization, caching (NoSQL DBs a plus).
7) Proficient in designing and implementing REST APIs.
8) Proven application development skills with web or enterprise-scale software and an eye for detail.
9) Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems, asynchronous architectures, and object-oriented programming.
10) Excellent communication skills, collaboration across teams and critical thinking.
11) Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
12) Experience mentoring and coaching engineers. Providing code review and design review feedback.
13) Experience with cloud technologies in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
14) Familiarity with Docker, Parallels, Splunk.
15) Familiarity with Python, YAML, shell scripting.
16) Experience working with Selenium or equivalent.
17) Ensure a high level of code quality and contribute to engineering best practices leading by example.
Preferred Qualifications / Requirements :
1) Experience with backend web-based Java development and Linux-based integrated development environments, or equivalent (e.
g. NodeJS w / Express or ASP.NET MVC).
2) Experience developing Software as a Service (SaaS) applications and understanding the impact of this architecture in a deployment environment.
3) Understand requirements collaborating with Engineering Managers, Program Managers and other technical leads.
4) Experience with PHP.
5) Database implementations (query optimization, index generation, caching) or NoSQL DBs a plus.
6) Contribute to the planning and delivery of software releases through proper estimates and execution against plan.
7) Experience developing JS, CSS, HTML sites.
8) Experience developing Single Page Web Applications and frameworks like Bootstrap, AngularJS, or equivalent.
Technical Lead Qualifications :
1) Has designed, built, and shipped complex systems that required multiple engineers to develop.
2) Lead the development of such projects.
3) Created technical design documents and lead design reviews.
4) Experience working with Product management / UX / SMEs to turn business and functional requirements into technical solutions.
5) Experience interviewing & hiring engineers.
6) Not (necessarily) as the hiring manager.