Scope of Position:
The role involves working with management, business operations and IS teams at corporate and regional levels to assist in our relentless pursuit of operational excellence.
The candidate should be a full stack developer who can gather system requirements and apply their technical skills to design, develop and deploy functional applications and tools for various business teams.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Responsible for successful development, implementation and support of web and mobile applications according to the scope of work agreed.
- Offer lean solution by developing IT automation tools to help business operations team simplify the system tasks and processes.
- Create technical documentation and provide basic training to internal and external customers on the solutions implemented.
- Responsible for developing reports and dashboards using BI tools for internal and external customers to show business value while performing ORM and QBR.
- Train and support team members on new technologies to enhance their technical skills.
Desired Skills and Abilities:-
- Architects and designs IT solutions.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude to learn new technologies and business operations.
- Good team player, organized and disciplined.
- Proactive and able to work with minimum supervision / follow-ups.
- Ability to research and resolve system / process issues.
- Understanding of logistics operations (preferred but not mandatory).
Qualification & Experience:-
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Applications, Technology or any major in Engineering.
- 4-5 years of experience in web and mobile application development.
- Possesses good knowledge in application development using any or all of the following environments: IntelliJ, Eclipse, Visual Studio.
- Expert in SQL (Structured Query Language) for working with databases such as SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Skillful in Visio, PowerPoint and Advanced Excel functionalities.
- Awareness about Web Scraping techniques, API and EDI interfaces, Robotics Process Automation tools such as UiPath.
- Familiarity in working with Business Intelligence tools such as MS PowerBI.
This position reports to: Regional IS Manager.
The position would be based in Chennai.