We’re looking for a driven Cyber Security Specialist passionate about building innovating solutions to prevent against an ever-expanding battery of cyberattacks. We’ll look to you to work with our team to defend our critical information and computer networks from opportunistic hackers, and we’ll also expect you to keep your thumb on the pulse of the IT security sphere so you can take appropriate measures to keep our business and platforms protected.
Expeditors IS Security is committed to and responsible for protecting the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of our data and our customer’s electronic data. The Expeditors IS Security Team focuses priorities through the use of risk based methodologies. Security requirements, whenever possible, should both improve our security posture and reduce long term resource requirements.
A security specialist brings a dedicated operational security focus to all aspects of Information Services. The security specialist is exposed to many technologies & disciplines, comprehending complex systems & layered information to identify & clearly communicate risk.
The IS Security team is highly collaborative and communicative internally, within the IS department, and with the company as a whole and excellent customer service is always priority one.
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Promotes security focus
- Facilitates teamwork
- Implements process improvements
- Manages support requests
- Works with many systems, applications, & stakeholders
- Advanced focus in at least one security functional domain
- Evolves best practices
- Understands data, application & technology architectures
- Identifies opportunities to improve security policies & best practices
- Expresses detailed knowledge of security technologies
- In-depth knowledge of specific applications & protocols
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry policies & best practices
- Actively identifies security opportunities
- Discipline & cultural leadership
- 7 to 10 years of experience in Cyber Security Specialist role
- Proficiently manage common system security techniques
- Understand data, application, technology architectures and frameworks
- Working knowledge of the usual acronym soup: IDS/IPS, VPN, DNS, DHCP, WAF, IPv4, IPSEC, RADIUS, TACACS, etc. with practiced experience in one or more of these areas.
- Network protocol analysis with one or more tools to troubleshoot application and connectivity problems.
- Solve problems which meet business needs and drive team effectiveness
- Application and system penetration testing experience
- Fluently translate complex technical information to/from non-technical audiences
- Auditing and compliance
- One or more scripting languages for task automation
- Security data analytics
- Java programming experience
Essential Characteristics and Experience
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both on paper and verbally, to internal and external customers
- Keen attention to detail, with good listening, verbal, and written communications skills
- Manage schedules and deadlines, strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work and do multi-tasks. Superior project management and time management skills.
- Positive attitude and proactive personality
- Passionate and self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
- Competitive Salary
- Working in an inspirational culture and environment
- Medical Insurance related benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan as per company policy
- Training and Personal development programs
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.