Job Description :
edpello (Edtech early-age startup) needs a tech & dev lead. The position is for the fastest if not for the brightest. Be the beacon for the team & the nascent found firm.
Lift the mantle and run ahead of the team, always, and reap the rewards!
If you are simply changing because you need an X% hike or if you need a job after you have left / lost one, please avoid applying - you won't have a place here.
Must be ready to create 2-4 wks' prototype for ideas on the table!
We will check your education but a good education may not put the needful mantle always! Life starts after we complete education, at times!
Mandatory skills that edpello will need in you :
1. Be strong in Linux (5+ yrs). Don't ignore "windows" though. Gets most things done. Challenge the founder's skills in writing "awk / sed" / "shell" scripts from the past.
You should be quick to write scripts & automate. We all fail, shouldn't deter you!
2. Lift the burden of managing the cloud infra for the firm. AWS EC2 & new tracks (e.g. S3, RDS etc.). We aren't married to the CPs & change to google or MS if that helps!
3. Must have coded heavily in 1-2 languages. We will use Python for all new things.
5. Must know traits of Git (administering, best practices, environment management, CI / CD) or should be willing to learn & do fast.
6. Be the guide for the team in every tech (we are coding in React, php-laravel, MySQL, APIs, Python). We will embrace at least one non-native mobile-app tech.
7. Be quick to research, explore, create 2-4 wks' prototypes - several of Faster than the rest. Lead by example. However, don't have to do people mgmt.
Bring all on the table. Work with the team and create great vibes. Always everywhere.
Must be bitten by the bug of best practices (planned approach, checklist, agile, scrums, one tool to manage the dev).
Take lead and not sit back to wait for commands. Know from your past and drive change. Be the energy that the team likes.
Must have written blogs, notes, spoken and admire good communication.
Use modern digital tools for communication (chatboards & such, mobile-without headphone work is a passe!)
Must follow a routine and must take his / her own stand. Have aspirations.
Do something other than the tech in his spare time!
We will have the customers. Although will lead product dev teams, must not ignore the customers.