Job ID : 164328
Required Travel : Minimal
Managerial - No
Location : India- Pune (Amdocs Site)
Who are we?
Amdocs helps those who build the future to make it amazing. With our market-leading portfolio of software products and services, we unlock our customers’ innovative potential, empowering them to provide next-generation communication and media experiences for both the individual end user and enterprise customers.
Our 30,000 employees around the globe are here to accelerate service providers’ migration to the cloud, enable them to differentiate in the 5G era, and digitalize and automate their operations.
Listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market, Amdocs had revenue of $4.3 billion in fiscal 2021. For more information, visit Amdocs at www.amdocs.com
In one sentence
The DB administrator is handling physical and applicative database administration activities supporting end 2 end life cycle of product from database perspective
What will your job look like?
1. Ability to independently monitor and administrator databases on Linux platforms.
2. Should be able to write and develop PLSQL procedures, functions and triggers individualistically.
3. DB installations and upgrades, storage allocation, DB application structures changes, maintaining system security, first level backup and recovery for non-production environments.
4. DBA functions like managing databases, backups & restore, scheduling jobs, space, performance management, principles of database replication, scalability, and high availability.
5. Contribute to automation, standards and Database Processes by leading a whole thread activity to his maturity (Documentation, Publication to line) and taking part in modification of existing processes and methods.
6. Contribute to Root Cause Analysis, Lesson Learned and prevention processes to improve deliverables quality
7. Installing various DBMS (database management systems) versions and applying maintenance fixes supplied by the DBMS vendor.
8. Contribute in setting and providing first tuning database parameters (physical layout and memory buffers)
9. Ensuring appropriate storage for the DBMS and enabling DBMS to work with storage devices and storage management software.
10. Installing internal and external DBA tools and Interfacing with any other technologies required by database applications.
11. Ensuring the backup & recovery systems functioning correctly.
12. Interact and work with multiple infra and IT teams as part of environment setup, maintenance and support
13. Guide developers assist them with database structure design as per business needs (e.g., Joins, indexes, constraints, integrity).
14. Coordinate with other team stakeholders to provide DB related expertise and problem-solving services to all stakeholders during all project lifecycle (from Development till postproduction) by clarifying and addressing temporary and permanent solutions to unusual problems.
15. Performing applicative database change management (prod & non prod) while assuring correct alignment to Amdocs infra methodologies.
16. Ensuring database availability, health, basic performance and assuring first level assistance for SQL tuning.
All you need is...
Must Have Experiences-
Why you will love this job :
Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce