Role Summary :
The primary responsibility of Product manager role is to drive the business through the local sales team in promoting purification resins portfolio to biotech industry & academia while also responsible for handling technical queries / expertise to handle queries for resins.
Responsibilities may also include providing the required pre-sale product demonstrations as well as post-sale training and / or customer service activities for customers in the region of operations.
Essential Responsibilities :
Techno-commercial acumen to drive the chromatography resins.
Expertise in chromatography technique.
Provide technical support during resin design-in stage.
Responsible to grow the chromatography resin business with effective financial controls.
Coordinate with production planner to meet the demand Vs resin forecast.
Knowledge on competitors products to create a benchmarking studies.
Lead the commercial input to the product development process once the product definition is approved. Identify target market(s) for products & offerings
Provide the guidance to the local sales team to explore the new market segments.
Provide troubleshooting on issues that arise related to end-users handling problems.
Establish strong trustworthy relationships with key decision makers at customer sites.
Communicate with sales, and application teams to align applications activities with sales needs and business objectives.
Communicate with Applications Specialists, Account Managers and Product Management to ensure all customer and business needs are met
Work with marketing team to create the Brand value, and sales promotions.
Qualifications / Requirements :
1. Post Graduate degree in related business or technical field
2. Minimum of 7-8 years techno-commercial experience with demonstrated technical + sales skill in specific areas, OR at least 5 years modality experience with demonstrated successes in high level customer interactions and sales scenarios
3. Experience with diverse purification resins from GE and others, in process / industrial environment
4. Willingness to travel extensively within your specified geographic region as well as to nationwide
5. Ability to communicate effectively using English and local language
Desired Characteristics :
1. Strong leadership skills (respected by peers and leadership for contributions to the business)
2. Team oriented with a customer satisfaction mindset
3. Strong presentation skills (public speaking and lecture experience desired)
4. Demonstrated ability to understand and present complex material in understandable terms
5. Proven professional business acumen (experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as a part of a solution-based sales process)
6. Ability to multi-task effectively and manage multiple priorities at one time
7. Willingness to be flexible / adapt to changing work environments.
About Us :
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive.
Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations : India; Pune