All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world. #LifeatOracle
Software Developer 4-21000H7YApplicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages : English
The team provides comprehensive end-to-end monitoring and automation solutions for Oracle Cloud services teams. We works regularly with various SaaS teams such as their engineering, operations and monitoring to improve existing monitoring capabilities and to develop more effective monitoring methods.
Equally Important, where possible we explore opportunities of using knowledge gleaned from monitoring to initiate activities that will prevent issue from occurring automatically or perform auto-remediation work when problems did occur.
The solutions tech stack we employ are a good variety of Oracle products and open source software.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Work in an agile DevSecOps environment in creating and maintaining monitoring and automation solution for the SaaS services.
2. Develop, test, deploy and support integration and automation solutions using Open source and Oracle software
3. Design and develop BI reports and dashboards.
4. Troubleshoot and diagnose issue related to monitoring alert and quality of alert.
5. Ensure monitoring service reliability.
6. The role will require occasional on-call or weekend maintenance work
Skills and Qualifications
1. 6+ years of experience in a DevOps end-to-end development process with heavy focus on service monitoring and site reliability engineering work.
2. Advanced knowledge of programming / scripting languages (bash, PERL, Python, Java, Golang, node.js).
3. Advanced deployment experience and application of software stack : Kubernetes, Helm, Kafka, Redis, ElasticSearch / NOSQL.
4. Advance experience with open source monitoring tool such as Prometheus, Nagios and associated tools.
5. Advance experience with core microservice technology (RESTFul development).
6. Working knowledge Oracle Database, Enterprise Manager, SQL & PL / SQL programming skills are pluses.
7. Working knowledge of using Advance AI / ML tools are pluses.
8. Working knowledge in the one or more of the Cloud Services : Oracle OCI, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure.
1. Self-motivated and self-managing.
2. Excellent communication / follow-up / time management skills.
3. Ability to fulfill role / duties independently within defined policies and procedures.
4. Ability to balance multi-task and multiple priorities while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction is key.
5. Be able to work in an interrupt-driven environment.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures.
You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical / business skills in area of specialization.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Regular Employee Hire