The main role of a Support Engineer is to troubleshoot and resolve highly complex techno-functional problems. The key skills put to use on a daily basis are -
high level of techno-functional skills, Oracle products knowledge, problem solving skills, and customer interaction / service expertise. This work includes :
Work directly with Customers for
Advising on complex use of Oracle products
Resolving highly complex and mission-critical issues
Manage highly complex and critical customer issues
Serve as Situation Manager on highly sensitive issues
Consult with Management in directing resolution of critical Customer situations
Knowledge gain and sharing - achieve knowledge transfer with teammates through
development and delivery of formal team training sessions
formal mentoring for promoting the technical and professional development of others
creation / review of Knowledge Articles
Analyze work load, determine best practices and implement changes to improve productivity
Proactively contribute to improve the team efficiency by sharing knowledge, providing feedback about best practices, designing tools / utilities etc.
Participate and drive initiatives that
Improve overall product and documentation quality
New products / releases testing and Support Readiness
Customer service improvement
Note : This role may need you to work on weekends and multiple shifts
1. BTech, or MTech in Mechanical, Production, Industrial,Chemical, Electrical, Computers Engineering
2. or MCA or MSc (Maths / Physics / Chemistry) or Chartered Accountants with work experience in working with business applications
3. MBA (Operations / Systems) is a plus
Technical and Professional Skills :
and / or worked with L3 level support; and / or having equivalent knowledge. Oracle Financials for India knowledge is not mandatory, but will be preferred.
We expect you to have :
1. Strong Financials business processes knowledge and concepts,so when you interact with a Customers / Consultants, you are able to speak their business / functional language, and win their confidence quickly.
2. Implementation / Support experience on EBS Financial Modules like FA, AR, AP and GL
3. Technically Strong with Expert Skills in SQL, PLSQL, Java, OAF, Reports
4. Ability to relate the product functionality to business processes, and thus offer implementation advices to customers on how to meet their various business scenarios using Oracle Financials for India.
With India GST coming up, a quick learning on India GST and being a part of Oracle's journey to release India GST to customers will be the main part of the role
5. Strong problem solving skills so you can quickly narrow down to the root cause of the issue reported.
6. Strong Customer interactions and service orientation so you can understand customer’s critical situations and accordingly provide the response, and mobilize the organizational resources, while setting realistic expectations to customers.
7. Strong operations management and innovation orientation so you can continually improve the processes, methods, tools, and utilities.
8. Strong team player so you leverage each other’s strengths.You will be engaged in collaboration with peers within / across the teams every hour.
9. Strong learning orientation so you keep abreast of the emerging business models / processes, applications product solutions, product features, technology features and use this learning to deliver value to customers on a daily basis.
10. High flexibility so you remain agile in a fast changing business and organizational environment.
Personal Attributes :
1. Self driven and result oriented
2. Strong problem solving / analytical skills
3. Strong customer support and relation skills
4. Effective communication (verbal and written)
5. Focus on relationships (internal and external)
6. Strong willingness to learn new things and share them with others
7. Influencing / negotiating
9. Customer focused
10. Confident and decisive
11. Values Expertise (maintaining professional expertise in own discipline)
14. Organizational skills
15. Values and enjoys coaching / knowledge transfer ability
16. Values and enjoys writing technical Bulletins
17. Values and enjoys teaching technical courses
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs.
This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services.
A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-
Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products.
Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and / or platforms.
Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management.
In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.
e., BS Computer Science / Management Information Systems / Science / Engineering / Math / Physics / Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional / technical experience, i.
e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)