about the role
key accountabilities key result / decision areas (outcomes)
1. Lead the Fault management of highly critical and complex problems as a member of the highest level expert support team.
2. Provide highest level technical support to resolve all Backbone Network / customer events / issues / cases referred to the group by level 2 operational support team and also by network operation center to accomplish outstanding Customer experience and to meet organisation specified objectives.
3. Propose and execute continuous improvement plans for resolving recurrent backbone network issues and improvement of Orange International backbone network infrasrtucture in a proactive manner Proactive initiatives to alleviate potential risk in the operational network.
4. Coordinate with OBS Engineering / Planning Departments to resolve capacity, design and other complex issues within the Network by planning,participating and executing new projects successfully Problem management to reduce the number of repeated incidnts in the network.
5. Lead the vendor management activities as network operation entity by working closely with Engineering for platform specific problems and resolving Software bugs associated with Vendor platforms.
6. Managing the suppliers by technically challenging them to ensure best support for the organisation.
7. Create and communicate effectively Technical Advisories on vendor bugs and workarounds to all provisioning and customer facing support entities to sync up with their process and maintain transparent flow of information.
8. Release updated technical advisories to proactively alert all internal stakeholders about identified bug or problems.
9. Support the Head of Function to implement new and follow existing operational procedures to ensure network efficiency and availability.
10. Dual validate and support High impact ,major and complex changes to the Network infrastructure as a part of Network Change Management Process and drive change management quality audit initiative.
11. Provide network operations feedback to the management as well as active participation in Network related projects.
12. Ensure on-the-job training for all products and services required for daily operations by creating related documents, presentations etc for knowledge management
13. Knowledge sharing within OBS by using the official data repositories assigned such as Lotus Notes databases, Intranet Web sites, Fault and Change Management tools
14. Maintain a thorough understanding of the tools, systems, and processes required to provide top notch technical support and a swift problem resolution.
15. Manage projects related to new software, hardware or services release in the production network (voice and IP). Effective release management with zero impact to operational network.
16. decision making :
a) To asses the impact of any network issue and escalate to management appopriately
b) To assess the impact and complexity of the problem and engaing right support team for next level support
c)To take a decision on change fallback or go ahead based on customer impact and status of the change implementation
d) To decide on technical development plan for a particular domain by taking current technical skills in to consideration
behavioral skills skill target proficiency level expected
1 agility advanced
2 flexibility advanced
3 innovation advanced
4 results driven advanced
5 communication advanced
6 prioritization and balance advanced
professional skills skill target proficiency level expected
1 global effectiveness advanced
2 customer service orientation advanced
3 operational and financial excellence basic
4 knowledge and development advanced
5 teamworking and networking advanced
6 negotiation, presentation, and organization proficient
knowledge and abilities
Network Technologies - ( Desired) Network Technologies IP / MPLS, IP, IS-IS,BGP4 / 6, M-BGP, IPV6, L2 / L3 VPN , VPLS ,Multicast, IPSec , IKEV2 / V1 , SDH / SONET etc..
Expert level of knowledge and hands on troubleshooting experience on one or more than one of the following technologies / Platforms :
High end CISCO Routers ( Cisco ASR9K Series, 76xx Series , ASR1K Series)
Junos , Juniper MX Series ( MX960 / 480,MX104) routers
Good working knowledge of Software Defined Network / Netwrok Function Virtualization preferred
Experience of working on SDN / SD-WAN technologies would be preferred
Good working knowledge of Unix / Linux , VM Ware and scripting language (Perl / Bash ) will be an added advantage
Orange Intl Ntwk Infr & Svcs
Orange Business Services manages and integrates the complexity of international communications, freeing our customers to focus on the strategic initiatives that drive their business.
Our extensive experience and knowledge in global communication solutions, together with our understanding of multinational business and local support in 166 countries and territories, ensure that our customers receive a consistent, global solution wherever they do business.