The main role of a Support engineer is to troubleshoot and resolve highly complex techno-functional problems. The key skills put to use on a daily basis are - high level of techno-functional skills, Oracle products knowledge, problem solving skills, and customer interaction / service expertise.
Education & Experience :
BE, BTech, MCA or equivalent preferred. Other qualifications with adequate experience may be considered.
5+ years relevant working experience
Functional / Technical Knowledge & Skills :
Must have good understanding of the following Oracle eBiz Supply Chain Management 12.1.3 capabilities.
and / or worked with L3 level support; and / or having equivalent knowledge.
We expect candidate to have :
1. Strong Supply Chain business processes knowledge and concepts.
2. Implementation / Support experience on EBS SCM Modules like Inventory, Purchasing, Sourcing, Iprocurement, isourcing, Order Management,Warehouse management and Cost Management
Candidate must have hands on experience minimum in any of the following 5 modules - EBS SCM Modules like Inventory, Purchasing, Sourcing, Iprocurement, isourcing, Order Management, Warehouse management and Cost Management.
3. Ability to relate the product functionality to business processes, and thus offer implementation advices to customers on how to meet their various business scenarios using Oracle EBS SCM.
4. Technically Strong with Expert Skills in SQL, PLSQL, Java, OAF, Reports
5. Ability to relate the product functionality to business processes, and thus offer implementation advices to customers on how to meet their various business scenarios using Oracle SCM.
6. Strong problem solving skills.
7. Strong Customer interactions and service orientation so you can understand customer’s critical situations and accordingly provide the response, and mobilize the organizational resources, while setting realistic expectations to customers.
8. Strong operations management and innovation orientation so you can continually improve the processes, methods, tools, and utilities.
9. Strong team player so you leverage each other’s strengths. You will be engaged in collaboration with peers within / across the teams often.
10. Strong learning orientation so you keep abreast of the emerging business models / processes, applications product solutions, product features, technology features and use this learning to deliver value to customers on a daily basis.
11. High flexibility so you remain agile in a fast changing business and organizational environment.
12. Create and maintain appropriate documentation for architecture, design, technical, implementation, support and test activities.
Personal Attributes :
1. Self driven and result oriented
2. Strong problem solving / analytical skills
3. Strong customer support and relation skills
4. Effective communication (verbal and written)
5. Focus on relationships (internal and external)
6. Strong willingness to learn new things and share them with others
7. Influencing / negotiating
9. Customer focused
10. Confident and decisive
11. Values Expertise (maintaining professional expertise in own discipline)
14. Organizational skills
15. Values and enjoys coaching / knowledge transfer ability
16. Values and enjoys teaching technical courses
Shift working is mandatory. Candidate should be open to work in evening and night shifts on rotation basis.
The position is based out of Bangalore OR Hyderabad, the candidate should be willing to relocate to either Bangalore OR Hyderabad.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs.
This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services.
A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products.
Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and / or platforms.
Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management.
In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.
e., BS Computer Science / Management Information Systems / Science / Engineering / Math / Physics / Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional / technical experience, i.
e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)
Yes, 25 % of the Time