1. Administers and coordinates radiation therapy to patients according to doctor's specific instructions. 2. Responsible for positioning the patient and adjusting the machines to ensure proper dosage is administered.
3. Prepares the immobilization device for the specified area of interest. Also executes the Mould Room procedures and maintains appropriate documentation.
4. Ensures patient set up before starting radiotherapy as per instructions on the planning sheet by the Medical Physicist5.
Performs basic radiography as applied to the simulation, planning and verification of various teletherapy procedures6. Performs the CT simulation procedure in the CT scan area.
7. Monitors the patient's well-being during treatment and offers emotional support to patients during treatments.8. Assist the consultants in educating patients and family about the machine and radiotherapy 9.
Ensures appropriate documentation of the delivered radiation dosages to the patients.10. Follows laid down procedures so as to ensure patient safety11.
Maintains detailed records of treatments for each patient, noting the dosage, the area targeted by treatment and the patient's reaction to treatment12.
Maintains appropriate stock / consumables in the department.13. Handles emergency procedures in Radiation Therapy.14. Assists the Medical Physicists in undertaking periodic (weekly / monthly) Quality Assurance checks on the complex treatment plans & various radiotherapy units.
15. Maintains international safety norms applicable to the radiotherapy department and helps the Radiation Safety Officer in the relevant procedures.
16. Checks radiation therapy equipment’s as per requirement and ensures appropriate documentation maintained in coordination with biomedical engineering department.
17. Possesses knowledge of infection control and waste management.18. Ensures updated knowledge of laid down procedures.19.
Ensures JCI compliance in accordance with departmental requirements.20. Provides leadership to juniors with training and mentoring to new staff in the department