Position Responsibilities Requirements :
Job Title :
IC : Senior Engineer - Product Support (Level 2 client Support)
Job Responsibilities :
1. Acknowledge, Analyze, Confirm or Reject appropriately client issues on a day to day basis
2. Work regulary with RH, Cent OS and WinX real or virtual environments
3. Install and work with multiple in-house or open source tools required for TCP, UDP n / w protocol analysis
4. Perform on-demand Product software installations necessary to troubleshoot and analyze issues
5. Communicate and collaborate on a continuous basis with client facing teams, product managers, development and quality assurance teams
6. Act as a whistle blower for any trends or patterns seen with issues and / or bug reports
7. Contribute to Root Cause Analysis by participating and providing data and ideas to development and testing teams
8. Raise flags and constructively question delivery teams around any spikes or trends in product issues
9. Work and react within defined business level SLA tmeframes
10. Leverage and contribute to setting up standard practices and processes for improving work efficiency
11. Occasionally Support delivery teams during odd hours shifts based on issue complexities, geographies
12. Generate periodic stats or reports around Bugs, trends & whistle blowers
Mandatory Skills :
1. Between 2 - 6 years of hands-on working experience with complex applications, with Level 2 work
2. Hands on experience with RH, Cent OS, Solaris and Windows environments
3. Hands on experience interacting with multiple stakeholders and teams and ability to build excellent working relationships
4. Hands on experience and good udnerstanding with TCP-IP and UDP protocols
5. Hands-On experience with log analysis with custom format files, flat files or data dumps
6. Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
7. Good understanding of Exchange data protocols like FIX, OM, EMAPI or similar
9. Extremely motivated and self driven with a zest for getting to the bottom of an issue
10. Good understanding of functional, networking and performance concepts and ability to bucket incoming issues aptly
11. Good understanding of UNIX / Linux commands and search utilities like GREP, SED or equivalent
12. Good communication skills with an ability to communicate accurately the problem and needs
13. Good multitasking skills and ability to react or stretch beyond normal working hours if client support needs call for it.
Good to have skills :
1. Understanding of Capital markets especially front / back office systems and order / trade lifecycles for equity and derivatives
2. Understanding of Stock Exchanges and connectivity around trading and market data platforms
3. Understanding of SCRUM / Agile life cycles and best practices
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions.
We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries.
Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients.
For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
The EEO is the Law poster is available and
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer : In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position.
However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation.
All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies.
FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.