Lead Product Designer (Full-Time)
At Vahan, we’re helping 300M+ low-skilled workers in India find jobs using WhatsApp. We’re a Y Combinator company that is backed by marquee investors such as Khosla Ventures and Founders Fund; several executives from Google and Flipkart are also investors in the company.
We’re seeking a Lead Product Designer in Bangalore, India, to drive design initiatives from inception through execution. We are changing the way low-skilled workers discover and apply for jobs and you will help us to continue to push the boundaries of what is possible. You’ll help lead and define the product experience across all touch points, partnering with product management, operations, research, and engineering to make sure that we continue to lead and innovate in this space.
This is a role for a creative individual with a high degree of user empathy, excellent aesthetic judgment and willingness to collaborate within a team environment. This is also a highly entrepreneurial position reporting directly to the CEO and will require you to wear different hats if and when required.
As a note, your final level/title will be determined throughout the interview process.
You are an overall product design expert with deep expertise spanning web and and mobile. You are obsessed with getting under the user’s skin and solving their problems through innovations in product and design.
- 5-8 years of experience in fast-paced environments
- Experience helping lead and mentor a team of gifted designers
- Skilled storyteller with experience working in a multidisciplinary environment to develop concepts that delight users and deliver business results
- Possess the ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking as well
- A compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high-quality design work that also tells a story that you are a deep design thinker
- Strong information presentation (visual and written) skills
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Sketch
- Design simple, elegant, data-driven, user-centric experiences that delight users
- Define the user experience, interactions, and user interface through user flows, information architecture, sketches and wireframes, and visual design
- Build functional prototypes to validate and test your designs
- Participate in user research and testing
- Help shape the product strategy and vision
- Look for opportunities to solve problems in unique and innovative ways
- Help maintain visual and brand consistency between all products and outlets
- Collaborate with stakeholders to translate business goals into unique product experiences
- Manage and grow the design team
Why you’ll LOVE this job
We’re a small team that enjoys working hard, getting a lot done and having fun. Not to mention that you’ll get to work on a product that is making a profoundly positive impact on people’s lives. We also provide an outstanding training ground for aspiring entrepreneurs.
We can promise:
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and motivated team.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health insurance for employees and their dependents.
- Unlimited PTO so you can take the time you need to rejuvenate.
- You’ll love where you work. We have a bright and modern collaborative office space located in the heart of Indiranagar, Bangalore’s most happening neighborhood!
- Commensurate with experience (cash + bonus + equity).
Powered by JazzHR