The Product Manager is responsible for sales and profit accountability for a class of products. They interact daily with suppliers including negotiating pricing, business reviews, promotion activity and continuous development building.
The Product Manager handles elevations and significant business opportunities. They are responsible for training, motivating and managing a team of Marketers.
They also oversee all quoting activities, analyze strategic quotes and perform statistical analysis of daily / monthly reports.
The Product Manager also prepares and negotiates product purchases and costs to maximize the class revenue and margin and they play a key role in worldwide inventory management.
1. Drive sales and maximize margin through inventory management & quote strategies
2. Train, motivate and manage a team of Marketers
3. Develop employees through performance management
4. Problem solving / troubleshooting
5. Build and maintain supplier relations
6. Oversee all quoting activity
7. Responsible for achieving sales targets and goals for a specific product group
8. Responsible for a defined Product Marketing set of classes
9. Management of Marketers
10. Create, implement and monitor action plan for focus suppliers within the branches
11. Maintain and improve key suppliers relationship
12. Responsible for SLA on timely completion of quotes
13. Responsible to make sure that Product Group develops proficiency in aggressively quoting to win key opportunities from Sales branches
14. Maintain proper follow-up systems