Applications are invited from eligible candidates to fill up One (01) post of Bank’s Medical Consultant (BMC) (reserved for Other Backward Classes*) on contractual basis, with fixed hourly remuneration for dispensaries of Reserve Bank of India at its Office located at M G Road, Kanpur and Officers’ Quarters located at Civil Lines, Kanpur, so as to reach the Regional Director, Reserve Bank of India, Human Resource Management Department, (Recruitment Section), Mahatma Gandhi Marg, Kanpur -
208001 on or before 05 : 00 pm on February 18, 2019.
i. Applicant should possess MBBS degree of any recognized university by the Medical Council of India in the allopathic system of medicine.
ii. Applicants having post graduate degree in General Medicine can also apply for the post.
iii. The Applicant should have a minimum of 2 (two) years’ experience in any hospital or as Medical Practitioner.
iv. The applicants should have their own private dispensary or place of residence within a radius of 4 to 8 Km from the Bank’s dispensaries.
v. The Contract for engagement of BMC will be for a period of three years. There will not be any renewal of engagement on completion of the contract.
A fresh empanelment exercise will be undertaken after three years wherein existing doctors will be eligible to apply subject to the terms and conditions of the same.
vi. The remuneration of the Medical Consultant on contractual basis will be fixed with reference to the actual duty hours performed and will be all inclusive.
The rate of remuneration and the duty hours is tabulated below :
Location Working Hours Remuneration Reserve Bank of India, M G Road, M. G. Marg, Kanpur 208001
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday : 12 : 00 P.M. to 05 : 00 P.M.
Wednesday : 01 : 00 P.M. to 5 : 00 P.M.
Rs.850 / - per hour for the entire period of contract i.e., 03 years.
Out of the total monthly remuneration so payable, a sum of Rs.1000 / - will be treated as conveyance expense.
Reimbursement of mobile charges of Rs.1,000 / - per month.
Reserve Bank Officers’ Quarters, 16 / 82, Civil Lines, Kanpur 208001
Monday to Friday : 05 : 15 P.M. to 06 : 15 P.M.
Saturday : 12 : 00 P.M. to 01 : 00 P.M.
vii. The Reserve Bank of India reserves the right to review the rate of remuneration from time to time and alter the duty hours at its discretion in case it becomes expedient to suit administrative and operative requirements.
viii. Interested and eligible candidates may please make an Application in the prescribed format as at Annex III. The application should be sent in a sealed cover super scribed
Application for Engagement of Bank’s Medical Consultant on contractual basis’
ix. The Reserve Bank of India, Kanpur will be conducting an interview for the eligible candidates. The Bank reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards etc.
in order to limit the number of candidates to be called for interview. The decision of the Bank in this regard will be final.
Mere fulfilling the eligibility criteria does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. The Bank will not entertain any correspondence with the applicants who are not being called for the interview.
x. The shortlisted applicant / s after the interview will be subjected to medical tests as per prescribed norms and document verification process, before engagement as Bank’s Medical Consultant.
The cost of these medical tests will have to be borne by the applicant.
xi. Candidate selected for the post will be appointed subject to him / her being found medically fit and acceptance of Terms and Conditions of Contract as per Annex -
I and Code of Conduct as per Annex - II.
xii. The selected applicant has to sign an agreement for Contract with the Bank before engagement of the services of Bank’s Medical Consultant (on contractual basis) with fixed hourly remuneration.
Engagement of the services of Bank's Medical Consultant (on contractual basis) with fixed hourly remuneration - Terms and Conditions of Contract
1. To attend to Bank’s dispensaries at Bank’s Premises and Officers’ Quarters (as above) for duty hours as prescribed above (or for longer periods as may be necessary) excluding Bank holidays except days declared as holidays for purposes of half yearly closing and annual closing subject to the condition that the dispensary will not be kept closed for two successive days.
The Bank may also use your services in any of the Bank’s dispensary at Kanpur during the working hours of that dispensary.
2. To give advice free of charge, prescribe medicines and administer injections free of charge to the members of the staff including touring staff of the Bank, the members of their families including dependent parents and retired employee members / their spouses who are members of the Medical Assistance Fund Scheme, who present themselves during that time (the timings and / or duration may be changed as and when considered necessary by the Bank).
You will be available for consultation at your private clinic in urgent cases in respect of employees of the Bank at any time with charges at the rate prescribed in the schedule.
The Schedule of charges applicable to the Staff / Officers of the Bank would be made available on request.
3. To provide the facilities referred to in paragraph (2) above to the relatives of the employees who have been permitted to reside with them in the Staff Quarters and facilitate recovery of charges from the employees for credit to the bank's account at the rates prescribed by the Bank from time to time.
4. You will be required to perform duties similar to those of a General Medical Practitioner irrespective of whatever post-
graduate or other medical qualifications you may possess / acquire in future. It shall be your responsibility to ensure that the qualifications you hold or acquire in future do not restrict you in any manner from rendering the services required of a General Medical Practitioner and if as per any stipulations by the Indian Medical Association, the qualification you hold or acquire as the case may be comes into conflict with the Bank's requirements as indicated above, to work as a general practitioner, you will be required to ensure that no liability or responsibility on this account devolves on the Bank under any circumstances and shall indemnify and keep indemnified the Bank at all times against the same.
5. Your duties at the RBI dispensaries will include, apart from other requirements as mentioned above :
i) Treatment of minor and major illness for which the employees and their dependents may call on you.
ii) Treatment of emergency cases brought to the dispensary or in the departments or in the Bank's premises or outside the Bank's premises and reference to appropriate Hospitals whenever called upon to attend even when such necessity arises outside your normal working hours.
iii) Administration of all types of injections - The responsibility for administering all types of injections rests with you for any untoward reaction.
As a rule, administration of injections by the Pharmacists in your absence is to be discouraged. You will be required to train the Pharmacists to administer routine and simple type of injections when the work is heavy.
iv) Handling the important dressings and minor surgeries. If you are convinced that the pharmacists have the requisite competence, routine dressings may be handled by them.
v) To accompany the patient to the hospital, in case of Cardio-vascular or other major emergencies and accidents, if you are available at the location.
6. To visit any member of the Bank's Staff staying in the Quarters whenever required to do so by the Bank and submit a report on their health.
For such visits you will be paid visit fees as per the schedule of rates fixed by the Bank.
7. To issue certificate in support of leave on medical grounds wherever necessary and countersign the certificates produced by the employees from other qualified medical practitioners, if you are satisfied about the genuineness of the case.
8. To attend the officers and members of their family at their residence when required by them and will be entitled to charge them a visit fee or consultation fee, as fixed by the Bank having regard to the local conditions.
The visit fee / consultation fee, so fixed, will be inclusive of charges for administration of injections, etc. No other charges should be levied by you for such visits.
9. If and when required to do so, you will certify in such form as may be prescribed by the Bank from time to time as to the state of health and / or fitness for service of any employee or any prospective employee who may be selected for appointment at any Office of the Bank.
10. To issue order forms (prescribed) on the approved chemists of the Bank for supply of special / costly drugs or injections required for curative purpose to the Bank's staff and forward copies thereof to the Bank for payment of the relative bills.
11. To facilitate in securing hospital facilities in case the employees of the Bank or their dependents (for indoor hospitalization under Direct Settlement facility) require such facilities in the hospital.
12. To inspect the office premises / Staff Quarters and Officers' Quarters once a month or any such periodicity as decided by the Bank and report whether they are kept in a sanitary and hygienic condition.
13. To do prophylactic inoculations for typhoid, etc. and vaccination for small-pox whenever necessary.
14. To submit an annual report as on the 30th June in the prescribed form on the general health of the staff.
15. To be responsible for proper storage of medicines and their distribution and also arranging the maintenance of all necessary records for the purpose.
16. To advise on drug indents, and to counter-check the drug stock-balance and consumption.
17. To give professional opinion including reasonableness of the cost of treatment pertaining to the various items of medical claims as and when the same are referred to you.
18. To attend to any other work assigned by the Bank from time to time relating to administration of Bank's Medical Facilities Scheme and Medical Assistance Fund Scheme including dispensary facility as are generally performed / required to be performed by a General Medical Practitioner.
19. The remuneration is fixed at Rs. 850 / - per hour for the entire period of contract i.e., 3 years. The fixed remuneration is payable on a monthly basis.
Out of the total monthly remuneration so payable, a sum of Rs.1000 / - per month will be treated as conveyance expenses.
Further, no superannuation benefits viz. Pension, Provident Fund or Gratuity will be payable. No leave would be admissible.
No perquisites / facilities also would be made available. If required to attend to the Dispensary on any public holiday compensation Rs.
850 / - per hour would be paid. Taxes on the income would be deducted at source as per extant rates and Government notifications.
20. The Bank reserves the right to review the rate of remuneration from time to time and alter the duty hours and location of dispensary at its discretion in case it becomes expedient to suit administrative and operative requirements.
21. In the event of your absenting from duty, you shall be required to make substitute arrangements acceptable to the Bank viz.
in terms of qualification and experience at your own risk and cost.
22. To adhere to the code of conduct of Bank’s Medical Consultant as given in the Annex II.
23. You will be under the administrative control of the Regional Director, Reserve Bank of India, Kanpur.
24. The engagement under the contract is temporary. No claim shall lie for regular employment on that basis at any stage or for pay and perks payable to regular employees of the Bank.
25. The contract will be terminable during the period of the contract, upon three months’ notice on either side or three months remuneration calculated on the basis of per month in lieu thereof.
26. Your contract will be valid for a period of three years from the date of engagement subject to your accepting the above terms and conditions and observing the code of conduct of the Bank as given in Annex.
II. The contract will be reviewed every year.
27. Any dispute arising on account of the contract shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Kanpur.
Code of Conduct for Bank’s Medical Consultants whose services are engaged on contract on hourly basis with fixed remuneration
1. Every Medical Consultant shall observe, comply with and obey all orders and directions which may from time to time be given to him by any person or persons under whose jurisdiction, superintendence or control he may for the time being be placed.
2. Every Medical Consultant shall maintain the strictest secrecy regarding the Bank's affairs and the affairs of its constituents and shall not divulge, directly or indirectly, any information of a confidential nature either to a member of the public or of the Bank's Staff, unless compelled to do so by judicial or other authority, or unless instructed to do so by a superior officer in the discharge of his duties.
3. Every Medical Consultant shall serve the Bank honestly and faithfully and shall use his utmost endeavour to promote the interests of the Bank, and shall show courtesy and attention in all transactions.
4. No Medical Consultant shall take an active part in politics or in any political demonstration, or stand for election as member for a Municipal Council, District Board or any Legislative Body.
5. No Medical Consultant shall become or continue to be a member or office-bearer of, or be otherwise directly or indirectly associated with, any trade union or a federation of such trade union or resort to, or in any way albeit, any form of strike or participate in any violent, unseemly or indecent demonstration in connection with any matter pertaining to his / her terms and conditions of contract.
6. No Medical Consultant may contribute to the press anything relating to the affairs of the Reserve Bank of India without the prior sanction in writing from the Bank or publish any document, paper, or information which may come into his possession in his capacity as Medical Consultants of the Bank.
7. A Medical Consultant shall not solicit or accept any gift from any employee.
8. A Medical Consultant shall not absent from his duties without the permission from the Bank and making alternate arrangement acceptable to the Bank during his absence.
Such alternate arrangement shall not exceed five days at a time.
9. A Medical Consultant shall not outsource his service to the Bank.
10. A Medical Consultant will -
e) not use any intoxicating drink or drug to excess.
Explanation : The term "public place" would include clubs even exclusively meant for members where it is permissible for the members to invite non-
members as guests, bars and restaurants, public conveyances and all other places to which the public have or are permitted to have access, whether on payment or otherwise".
11. No Medical Consultant shall indulge in any act of sexual harassment of any woman employee at work place.
Explanation : For this purpose, "Sexual Harassment" shall include such unwelcome sexually determined behaviour, whether directly or by implication as : -
a) Physical contact and advances,
b) demand or request for sexual favours,
c) sexually coloured remarks,
d) showing pornography,
e) Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature.
12. The contract is liable to be terminated if a Medical Consultant is arrested for debt or on a criminal charge or is detained in pursuance of any process of law.
13. Medical Consultant shall not give, solicit or receive nor shall offer to give solicit or receive, any gift, gratuity, commission or bonus in consideration of or return for the referring, recommending or procuring of any patient for medical, surgical or other treatment.
He / She shall not directly or indirectly, participate in or be a party to act of division, transference, assignment, subordination, rebating, splitting or refunding of any fee for medical, surgical or other treatment.
14. The provision at 13 above shall apply with equal force to the referring, recommending or procuring by him or any person, specimen or material for diagnostic purposes or other study / work.
15. The contract is liable to be terminated in case a Medical consultant commits a breach of the code of conduct of the Bank mentioned above or the terms and conditions of the contract accepted by him / her, displays negligence, inefficiency or indolence, or knowingly does anything detrimental to the interests of the Bank or in conflict with its instructions or is guilty of any other act of misconduct.