About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours -
do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good. We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture -
one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
Job Purpose :
1. Performing CST / KCSA Checks as RP (Responsible Person)
2. Review of CST / KCSA performed by other RPs
3. Coordination during GIA Review & Audits
4. Liaising with teams for closure of CST / KCSA exceptions
5. Administering EORP Issue / Action Management Modules where applicable
6. Functioning as RP in EORP
Key Responsibilities : -
1. To report Unit’s OR issues identified during CST performance to RCLM
2. To assist RCLM in developing and updating of procedures, controls and monitoring plans for Operational Risk Management
3. To adhere to the agreed CST / KCSA plans and approach.
4. To identify and report all exceptions on non-compliance with standard controls.
5. To identify and report all weakness inherent in the standard controls
6. To maintain proper record keeping on all CST / KCSA related activities
7. To maintain independence in the conduct of CST / KCSA, i.e. not selecting and reviewing sample of self-performed transactions.
8. Comply with group money laundering prevention policy and procedures to the extent
applicable and reporting all suspicious transactions.
9. To promote the culture and practice of compliance within the letter and spirit of
regulatory requirements and ethical standards in the conduct of business
10. To have good judgment and an inquisitive approach to practices and procedures
on AML. To have personal authority and integrity, independence and resilience
while handling such transactions
11. Wherever Business Unit is not performing the KCI, to perform the KCI check.
12. No overdue CST / KCSA
13. Non-compliance and control weakness inherent in the selected samples and detected and duly reported
14. No unsatisfactory compliance reviews and audits on the conduct of CST / KCSA and record keeping
Key Measures : -
1. Zero Overdue CST / KCSA checks
2. Satisfactory results on audits undertaken by Group Internal Audit, FSA, regulators and external auditors (relating to activities done)
3. Monitoring and adherence to timelines on Risk & Control or Group initiatives