Principal Architect partners with the necessary stakeholder to create the target architecture and strategy. He pairs with the Lead Architects / Senior Architects to review the solution architecture for multiple projects / programs to make sure that the delivered architecture is in alignment with the broad architecture guidance.
He partners and creates broad architecture patterns and BU Architecture Guidance for the Business line.
Key Responsibilities : Architecture
1. Creation of Architecture Guidance and Patterns for the Business Line
2. Partners with other Portfolio Architects / Principal Architects to create the target architecture of the business line
3. Partners with other Portfolio Architects / Principal Architects to create the technology strategy and radar
4. Reviews the Logical and Conceptual Solution / Architecture for programs and epics.
5. Provides techno functional leadership to the broader community. The person needs to have a complete breadth of knowledge of the overall Business, technical and functional spectrum.
6. Should be able to guide and mentor architects / senior architects in the BU or across BU.
7. The person might also has peoples responsibility where by architects / senior architects / lead architects can report to him.
8. The person works with other Portfolio Architects / Principal Architects to create the overall architecture strategy and organizational high level initiatives.
9. Viewed as a technical leader across multiple disciplines. Ability to adapt to multiple architecture domains and move easily from one to another.
The person has to take his design / architecture to the architecture council and the final authority to take decision lies with the Architecture council.
10. The person should resolve disputes and make architecture tradeoffs
11. The person should ensure the evolutionary paths are created. S / He should identify / discover the risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture.
S / He analyze risks and report problems to the management
12. Should be conducting stakeholder management bringing the all the necessary stakeholders align to the necessary architecture and guidance.
13. Bring Industry wide best practices and consume external technology trends. Should be able to relate and adopt those trends to the workplace
14. The person should collaborate with other leaders in the organization to make sure their architecture guidance is propagated across BU.
Present Solution to the Delivery and Business stakeholders)
15. He also contribute in other organization initiatives like Automation, High Value Services etc
16. The person should propagate Architecture practice and conduct roadshows (or other Sessions) to demonstrate it.
17. Owns the community of architecture within the BU.
18. Analyze risks and report problems to the management
Bachelor s degree (any stream) with huge architecture experience on multiple domains