Description and Requirements BMC helps customers run and reinvent their businesses in the digital age by tackling their IT management challenges, championing their innovation, and celebrating their success.
Every BMC employee has the potential to have a tremendous impact on customer success and when customers thrive, we all do.
BMC offers bold and fearless career-seekers like you the opportunity to expand your skills, your network, and your horizons as you work to enable customer growth and innovation every day.
You will be surrounded by peers who inspire you, drive you, support you, and make you laugh out loud, in an environment that fosters individuality, respect, and personal ambition.
The Staff Specialist SQA Engineer is a contributing member of the Quality Assurance team responsible for testing and quality assurance of software products under the guidance of senior leaders.
The role requires some knowledge of product domain, the software development life cycle and the processes involved in product Quality Assurance and system maintenance.
Uses professional concepts in accordance with company objectives to assist in solving problems.
Guidelines / Duties :
1. Assists with training of earlier career staff.
2. Works under guidance of senior staff members.
3. Accurately estimates the size and scope of the Quality Assurance projects.
4. Tests product code according to BMC quality standards.
5. Maintains knowledge of product environments and applicable software technologies.
6. Provides complete documentation in the form of test plans, automation, regression, problem status information with guidance from senior staff.
7. Completes deliverables on schedule.
8. Supports systems and integration testing as required to provide a quality product.
9. Clear understanding of systems required for testing and product installation.
10. Provides input to the Technical Writers for relevant product documentation.
11. Works with other teams in Quality Assurance as well as other areas such as Development, IDD and Support to deliver quality products and customer satisfaction.
12. Participates in customer interactions when required.
13. Support cross-functional teams in customer specific escalations.
14. Manage expectations through clear issue management.
15. Conducts and participates in team test plan (and other artifact) reviews.
o Works under guidance of senior staff members.
o Able to provide quality solutions with guidance from senior staff.
o May determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
o Shares information, acts as a team player and embraces teamwork.
It is the policy of BMC Software to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, history of disability, ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender, transgender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, status as a parent, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors.,