What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent : it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the extra mile to achieve unthinkable results.
It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world.
If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
THE ROLE :
AMD is looking for a seasoned and skilled engineer for a critical role in server CPU development team. This person will interact closely with key AMD technical experts to ensure the best possible performance on AMD platforms.
As a member of core team, this engineer will work with the latest hardware and software technologies.
THE PERSON :
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for development and optimization of the CPU performance stack (applications, libraries) for AMD server CPUs.
This is a great opportunity to work as a part of highly regarded team to deliver leading edge solutions.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Very strong programming (C / C++), algorithmic and data structure skills
2. Experience in identifying performance bottlenecks, and designing / implementing optimizations to relieve analyzed bottlenecks
3. Strong development and debugging skills on multicore systems
4. Understanding of Cache sub-system, Instruction Set Architecture, pipeline (for any CPU)
5. Experience in x86 (or other architecture based) optimizations
6. Knowledge of one or more CPU Profiling tools (preferably in Linux)
7. Experience in performance analysis for data center, HPC (High Performance Computing), MPI (Message passing Interface) applications
8. Bonus skills : Experience on Intel MKL libraries, Linear Algebra, FFT, x86 assembly programming
9. Graduate / master’s degree in computer science or related fields
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE :
1. Ability to quickly learn new skills and drive completion of business goals
2. Experience working in a multi-site environment and ability to travel occasionally to meet with developers
3. A team player, who is very self-motivated, loves difficult challenges, and is goal driven
4. Excellent verbal / written communication and evangelizing skills with an entrepreneurial spirit to drive results will be a plus
ACADEMIC CREDENTIALS :
1. Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in computer science, or related fields