1. Coordinate with multiple teams to communicate our technical requirements, drive schedules and review and help build test plans that test end-to-end functionality spanning services owned by multiple organisations.
2. Design, execute and automate tests of front end applications, and middle and back-end software across a variety of architectures and cutting-edge technologies.
3. Test systems at the user level, both manually and with automated tools.
4. Grey box testers rather than black-box testers, able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests with scripts and / or user-level automated tools.
5. Work with Software Development Engineers and Business Owners to understand the technical implementation of features.
6. Work with business stakeholders, designers and customer service teams to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and suites that approximate real-world environments.
7. Help drive the software development process towards quality-centric methodologies, always seeking to avoid defects or find them at the earliest stage possible.
Bachelor's degree and / or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
5+ years of QA experience
Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files
Experience in developing test plan, test cases for a medium / large complex projects
Excellent communication skills with a positive attitude to engage with stakeholders A passion for developing engaging customer user experiences
Ability to rapidly prototype and evaluate customer use cases and interaction methodologies.
Experience working with backend systems and high availability systems
Able to work well within Agile development methodology.