The world’s leading energy companies turn to AutoGrid to integrate all distributed energy resources, turn on new revenue streams and drive deeper engagement with their customers. Our suite of Energy Internet applications allows utilities, electricity retailers, renewable energy project developers and energy service providers to deliver clean, affordable and reliable energy in a distributed energy world.
About AutoGrid INDIA
Data Engineer Role in the PAM Team
The Predictive Asset Maintenance Team is Looking for a data engineer at an exciting startup in the green energy space to help design, build, scale and maintain high volume machine learning applications. Will help collect, mangle, filter and store TBs worth of data. Have a say in implementing cutting edge big data tools in our ML stack and deploy them in production.
- Design and write Spark applications to run Machine Learning and ETL workloads.
- Scale applications to read/write TBs worth of IoT data.
- Help train, organize and maintain ML models.
- Write SQL queries for reading/analyzing large complex data structures.
- Setup, configure and monitor big data related tools/software on EC2 instances.
- Setup Spark clusters on the cloud (preferable AWS EMR).
- Build ETL, reporting templates on Apache Ni-Fi.
- Maintain Kafka cluster by designing and configuring topics and data throughput.
- Aid data scientists in scaling ML experiments into production ready Spark applications.
- Communicate with customers to gather requirements and plan implementation.
- Create custom dashboards for data visualization, system/application monitoring.
- Write custom scripts in Bash or Python for automating tasks.
- Automate deployments over Ansible and Jenkins
- Python, Bash, SQL, Scala
- 4+ years’ experience in writing, testing and maintaining Python or Apache Spark applications.
- Knowledge in software design patterns is a must. Doesn't have to be OOPS. Surprise us!
- Experience in writing, testing and maintaining ML algorithms in SparkML, Pytorch, scikit-learn etc.
- Experience in writing Bash scripts; should be well versed in Unix commands.
- Experience using cloud stack, preferably AWS.
- Should know basic SQL CRUD, aggregation commands.
- Experience in any of Apache NiFi, TimescaleDB, Prometheus + Grafana is a plus.
Benefits and Perks
- Working with a smart, collaborative, and fun group of people solving big important problems
- An exciting atmosphere, and an outstanding work/life balance
- Beautiful, spacious, modern office in Redwood Shores
- Flexible hours and choice of computer (Mac, Ubuntu, Windows)
- Competitive salary and equity
- Competitive health care, dental, and vision coverage
- Excellent 401(k) and flexible spending plans
- Three weeks of paid time off annually, in addition to 10 paid public holidays
- Life, short term and long-term disability, supplemental, and AD&D insurance
- Commuter transit, parking, biking, vanpool and park & ride benefits
AutoGrid is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring, employment or promotion decisions based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
Powered by JazzHR