Industry leading Oracle Empirica Suite is part of the Oracle Pharmacovigilance platform that is used by top 29 out of 30 top pharmas. It is a rapidly growing, comprehensive pharmacovigilance platform that enables manufacturers to protect safety of patients and achieve global compliance.
As a member of Product Management, you will be a product and customer champion, part of a passionate team that builds mission critical and innovative software that continues to establish the market leadership of the product and continues to enable its rapid growth especially on cloud. Managing this product requires that you enjoy engaging with internal and external stakeholders to understand business needs, elicit and document requirements, prioritize releases and executing on release plans as part of a larger team. You will work with both internal teams and external stakeholders which include customers, health authorities and expert groups. You will also participate in managing product/release adoption by internal and external audiences and vetting of product documentation. You will actively participate in management of the SaaS delivery component
Skills and Experience
· 7+ years software industry experience on enterprise level software applications, preferably cloud solutions, with at least 2 years on a Safety/Pharmacovigilance application
· 5+ years software product management experience
· Strong technical background through hands-on experience with software development lifecycle
· 2+ years in a customer-facing role with passion for customer success
· Experience designing, developing and delivering SaaS offerings
· Demonstrated ability to deeply understand customers’ pain points, collect customer requirements and translate them into product features for successful implementation
· Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
· Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across various lines of business
· Highly self-motivated to work on tasks independently, while working in a fast-paced environment.
· Results-oriented; able to prioritize in a rapidly evolving environment
· Excellent organization and project management skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related technical field is required
Experience with Oracle Empirica suite of applications or other industry Signaling applications is preferred
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Suggest and justify product directions and specifications. Specify, design and implement moderate changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.