Oracle is rapidly transforming itself into a hyper scale cloud player by aggressively rolling out Generation 2 Cloud Infrastructure and Data Centres, across the world The Oracle Cloud is differentiated through its enterprise-grade capabilities that host a comprehensive suite of offerings across IaaS, PaaS and SaaS. More than 80% of enterprise workloads still run on on-premise systems. At Oracle, we believe we can make the critical difference in moving this percentage much higher, through the enterprise-grade security, robustness, open standards and integration capabilities that our cloud portfolio provides.
We are now hiring individuals who are ready to innovate cloud services and empower our customers to make the migration of enterprise workloads to the cloud. The Cloud Migration Devloper/ Expert will be instrumental in helping customers accelerate their digital transformations by moving workloads and deploying new cloud native projects on to Oracle’s cloud infrastructure and platforms. The Cloud Solution Architect will also help customers in defining customer’s cloud strategies aligned with customer’s business objectives and with a focus on Cloud Migrations.
Are you cloud native? Do you baulk at the thought of on-premise platforms? Have you started using and deploying containerized applications rather than just virtual machines? Have you experimented with micro-services? Have you migrated test, development, pre-production or production systems to the public cloud? Do you have a passion for helping organizations move, improve, secure and govern their application assets on the Cloud? Can you shape and deliver the cloud roadmap of your customer? If you are or can, this may just be the next big break in your career.
Oracle Consulting is responsible for driving the development of the Soar , which is Oracle’s Iaas/Paas/Applications strategy for enabling Oracle’s existing On-Premises customers (our “Installed Base”) and new customers to move efficiently and securely to the Oracle Cloud OCI platform. To deliver on this requires talented and ambitious individuals to Manage, Organize and Deliver high-quality and complete engagements that reflect the full Soar Value Proposition to our customers.
As a Soar developer on the Oracle consulting team, you will have a hand in the design and delivery of a high-quality cloud service with the capabilities, scalability and performance needed to match the needs of Project team. You will need deep experience with designing and developing automated tools based solutions for solving real-world business problems with large and complex data systems.
Exciting is the technology behinds all this that makes it work - OCI, Azure, Multicloud, Python, Terraform, Ansible, Apex, 19c etc. )
Skillsets and Qualifications
Applicants who possess the following qualifications and skills would be suitable for this role
Mandatory Qualifications :
- Knowledge of and experience with any of public cloud providers Oracle, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure or Google (GCP) architecture, tools and cloud methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience managing Cloud Migration programs/projects including a minimum of 2 customers in the role of implementation consultant.
- 10+ years of experience in the IT industry, of which at least 3 years is in cloud platforms. Hands-on experience is a must.
- Solution Architect and/or Developer Certification on AWS (preferred) or Azure or Google Cloud or Oracle Cloud.
- Experience in PaaS, DevOps Services design and development
- 10+ years of experience in networking, build a networking environment by designing system configuration, direction system installation, defining, documenting, and enforcing
system standards including optimising network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting problems
- Broad based technology experience in:
- cloud computing
- applications development on Apex, Python, Go, open source development tools
- relational databases
- DevOps exposure and knowledge of one or more tools such as Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Ansible
-Understanding or experience in container technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Experience in a range of cloud migration discovery, profiling, migration, and operations technologies and tools
- Depth in various cloud migration patterns such as re-host, re-platform and refactor, ability to drive client discussions, develop scope and effort estimates to address the
different migration patterns.
- Ability to translate workload requirements into public cloud or hybrid cloud technical architecture, incorporating Compute, Networking and Storage requirements in the architecture
- Ability to engage in discussions, whiteboarding, impactful prototypes and convincing technical arguments
- Awareness and knowledge of networking and latency considerations for different workloads
- Broad understanding of applications and systems from Oracle, Microsoft, etc.
- Ability to architect for high availability, fail over & disaster recovery in public or hybrid cloud environments
- Experience in migrating application workloads to the cloud (added advantage if such workloads include Oracle applications such as Oracle EBS, Peoplesoft, JD Edwards or Siebel
- Be familiar with VMWare, KVM, AWS, Azure, Softlayer and Open Stack
Profile / Characteristics
The role calls for individuals who have the following additional characteristics:
- Cloud Native developers and/or implementation experts
- Self-starting and self-motivated individuals who can assume technical leadership of solutions
- A keen-ness to learn continuously about the industry, domain, solutions and products
- Collaborative approach to issue resolution
- Ability to analyze and innovate as needed, to address different customer situations
Report this job
Add to favorites
You need to be logged into your account to add this job to your favorites. Click "Continue" to log in or create a new account. You will then be able to access your favorites from our website or from the neuvoo mobile app.Continue
No, thank you