Sr. Portfolio Manager, India The Sr. Portfolio Manager, India is responsible for directing the full life cycle of real estate activities (plan, design, build / lease, operate, maintain) for Microsoft’s India Real Estate Portfolio.
The Microsoft India portfolio comprises of ca. 2M usable Msf of which ca. 1M usable Msf is owned and the remainder is leased.
The main hubs in India are Hyderabad, Bangalore, Gurgaon and Mumbai, housing ca. 12.200 people. The position reports into the Regional Director for Asia Real Estate & Facilities and will be part of the Asia leadership team.
The position has direct management responsibility for 4 FTEs (Microsoft employees) and a large number of vendors and partners.
This individual will work proactively with local BG leadership as well as Finance and Accounting (F&A) Controllers and other internal business groups to understand their business requirements and identify opportunities where RE&F initiatives can add value, and work collaboratively to develop local-
specific implementation plans. They will be responsible for achieving measurable year-over-year improvements in quality and service resulting in increased business satisfaction and employee experience.
Portfolio Accounting Manager Finance Director, Planning and Portfolio Management
Director of Support Engineering - Dynamics India Major Responsibilities : The Sr. Portfolio Manager’s primary responsibility is to ensure alignment of business and RE&F requirements consistent with achieving agreed upon annual objectives as well as focus on continuously improving the employs experience across all sites in India Scope of responsibility includes : 1) Participating in sub-
regional RE&F operational planning, including defining the operational plans for all India facilities consistent with business objectives, Sr.
Finance Manager 2) Overseeing the execution of Real Estate and Facilities management across India Finance 3) Optimize the total RE&F expense in partnership with India site services sourcing teams, 4) Achieving continuous improvement in the quality and effectiveness of facilities managed and services delivered.
5) Delivering workplace build out and services that support and enhance the productivity of the employees housed in the facilities.
Key responsibilities : 1. Partner with the Vice Presidents, GM’s and Finance and Accounting (F&A) Controllers based in India to ensure that occupation demand measurements and RE&F operational plans are in place and accurate for India 2.
Ensure alignment between the RE&F strategy and RE&F activities at site level in India. 3. Oversee the operational relationship with the RE&F supplier base.
4. Drive proactive planning and management the India real estate portfolio. 5. Ensure that RE&F is in compliance with all statutory regulations and Microsoft policies and controls.
6. Oversee and ensure successful delivery of the RE&F services and projects within India, including capital plans, forecasting, rhythm of business (RoB), and budgeting.
7. Oversee all facilities management services provided across all site in India. Provide a safe working environment for all FTEs, vendors and visitors.
8. Ensure that Real Estate & Facilities stays in compliance with all statutory and reporting regulations, Microsoft policies and controls.
and ensuring that team members have updated career development plans and receive appropriate career coaching. 10. Set expectations of the Controllers and client group executives in the areas of real estate processes, schedule, workplace strategies and costs.
11. Ensure that real estate market opportunities for the India Portfolio are proactively pursued. Recommend and implement activities to capture operational and financial benefits for Microsoft.
12. Lead the India FTE team and develop a strong service orientation by actively supporting RE&F objectives (team performance measures, project plans, milestones, regular reviews, status meetings, development plans, and annual reviews).
13. Drive culture, values and behavior consistent with a world class RE&F team. Identify and execute best practices within India to support the development of a global knowledge base through engagement with central teams.
14. Ensure effective sub-region relationships and processes with intersecting partner groups including MSIT, Procurement, Security, Finance, LCA and HR.
15. Participate and contribute as a member of the Asia regional leadership team ensuring that India needs are appropriately considered and factored in to planning and development and that sub-
regional objectives and budgets support the India objective. 16. Work with the Global Integrator in the overseeing and monitoring of performance of Tier One vendors within the sub-region.
Professional / Personal Skill Requirements 1. Personal : B.S. in Finance, Engineering, Architecture or Construction / Project Management.
MBA or other advanced degree preferred. A high degree of Asia regional cultural awareness and demonstrated experience in working with and understanding different cultures.
Ability to analyze problems and opportunities, conclude direction and make critical decisions. Willingness and capability to travel and to work on multiple projects across India simultaneously and participate in occasional meetings outside of India.
trong English communications (written and verbal) skills. Demonstrated experience in negotiations and influencing skills at a senior level including presentation to C Suite members.
Strong relationship management skills; able to develop "trusted advisor" status with business group mid and senior level management tiers.
2. Organizational / Team Leadership At least 5 years of experience leading FTE teams. Manager and employee feedback that supports high degree of organizational effectiveness / organizational health.
Experience managing remote employees. Managed a highly vendor-leveraged organization. Demonstrated ability to rationalize FTE vs vendor roles and drive efficient management process to ensure vendor performance.
Ability to identify, retain, coach and develop the India team members Ability to operate a sound organizational structure and clearly define roles for team members.
Develop an operational plan that is integrated and aligned to overall Microsoft strategy. Ability to motivate, influence, and gain team buy-
able to develop "trusted advisor" status with regional VP, GM and F&A organizations. Demonstrated collaboration skills across own organization and that of partners (IT, Security, Finance etc.
to drive and deliver integrated streamlined processes. Ability to influence cross functional teams. Demonstrated RE&F contribution in terms of a reduction in total business costs and continuous improvement in RE&F operations for countries within the region.
Efficient and effective implementation and use of RE&F business processes / toolset. 4. Industry : 10 years of experience in management / leadership role in an operationally oriented line of business, preferably within a multinational corporate environment.
Key areas of experience are executive client relationship management, strategic vendor management, financial management of significant operating and / or capital budgets, and management of cross-
geographic and cross-team initiatives. Experience managing corporate real estate and facilities functions is not required but will be viewed as a positive and will be balanced with meeting requirements noted in 4a above.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.