Key Areas of Responsibility :
1. Responsible primarily for the development of DBS Kernel features.
2. Participate in understanding of feature enhancements and design documents.
3. Develop the code in C / C++ language.
4. Analyze database defects, design fix and unit test changes.
5. Aptitude for understanding complex software from the functional and technical perspective.
6. Report progress against objectives on periodic basis
Scope : Individual Contributor
Works with Team Lead, and reports to Engineering Manager.
Work Environment :
Requirements Analysis, Understanding the Design Documents, Software development, Unit / Integration testing, bug fixing.
Key Competencies / Skills :
Strong programming skills with C / C++
Software development experience in Linux and Windows O / S
Ability to learn and adapt to new technology
Attention to detail
Ability to follow documented specifications and plans with minimal supervision
Experience writing software that employs a relational database API
Good verbal and written communication skills
Works well in a team environment
The following skills are desirable but not required :
Teradata Database Knowledge